Increased MFP Security Features to Work Confidently
Industry-leading document and device protection from Sharp helps ensure the confidentiality and safeguarding of your assets.
Increased Complexity of Today’s Security Threats
Organizations of all sizes rely on a vast array of technologies to help make daily activities and communication more efficient. Adoption of new platforms such as mobile and cloud can increase the frequency and complexity of security challenges. The more open and intricate these platforms become, the more organizations face constant threats that could put sensitive information and business continuity at risk.
Information Security is Critical for Education, Government, Healthcare, and Legal Services
Sharp Multifunction Printers (MFPs) and single-function printers provide strong information security features that help protect data-in-transit and data-at-rest, as well as auditing features to facilitate compliance with industry mandates. The Sharp Security Suite can help organizations achieve and maintain compliance:
- Education Institutions can meet the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), to protect student education records.
- Government Organizations can meet the strict security requirements of ISO 15408/Common Criteria to maintain the various types of personal data managed by these agencies with comprehensive security features such as data encryption, End-of-Lease feature, administrator logs, and more.
- Healthcare / Insurance Providers can achieve and sustain Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements with confidence, to protect patient information and other electronic healthcare transactions.
- Legal Services can protect client records with Sharp’s award-winning MFPs and printers. They i.nclude built-in protection for documents and enhanced security options, including a convenient End-of-Lease feature that overwrites all data, such as document filing, user data, job status, and address book.
A Comprehensive Security Suite
C3 Tech provides a multi-layered approach to help safeguard organizations against security threats. Sharp MFPs and printers are designed to help IT administrators and security officials plan, choose and implement proper risk prevention and control through the comprehensive Sharp Security Suite.
- Standard Security Features
- Data Security Kit
- Printer Driver and Application Security Features
- Supports Universal Print (with Microsoft® Connector)
Restricts printer usage to unauthorized users
Safe remote (Web) configuration
Helps protect against hacker threats
Helps prevent unauthorized direct connections
Sharp’s Industry-Leading Data Security Features
Information protection and data security are fundamental components of MFP and printer security. Sharp MFPs and printers offer a broad range of standard security features as well as an optional data security kit that helps protect data stored on the device or in transition.
- Data Encryption with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm 256-bit method.
- Data Overwrite Up to 10 times (programmable).
- User Authentication, Authorization, and Restriction help to avoid interception.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) to Network and Cloud Resources add operational convenience while validating user access to the device and network.
- Device Intrusion Security ensures only authorized entities are permitted to access the device over the network.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) utilizes cryptographic keys to authenticate and validate the system hardware during bootup (included with Data Security Kit).
- Application Whitelisting detects access attempts to the machine file system and denies access if the source data is not on the whitelist.
- Firmware Attack Prevention and Self-Recovery can help identify malicious intrusions and restore the machine’s firmware to its original state.
- Document Security prevents unauthorized access to printed documents.
- Encrypted PDF
- Secure document filing features
- Pull printing/PIN printing
- Secure watermark
- Email Security features enhance data privacy capability with the Email Connect feature, which establishes a direct connection for Exchange servers or Gmail.
- Mobile and Wireless Security provide optimal security for mobile users to connect with the corporate network via the MFPs and printers.
- User authentication (Active Directory, LDAP, Local Listing)
- SNMP security
- Print retention
- Serverless print release (select MFP models)
- Audit Trail job log features provide comprehensive auditing of all user activities and device events.
- Fax Security provides a logical separation between the fax telephone line and LAN.
- Data Security at End-of-Lease ensures that all confidential data is overwritten before the device leaves the facility.